Thursday, January 7, 2010

Post Nasal Drip: A Stream of Consciousness

Well I’ll go to town with the post nasal drip
And the tip of the hat, can you imagine that?
Human by vocation, robot by avocation
What’s the situation?
Misinformation
I’ve got roots growing out of my feet
Now that’s pretty neat!
The cat’s in the cradle like a rabbit with a dreidel
I can bobble, I can dabble, I can hibbity-hobbity travel
“Faithful I” said the coach
“Woe is me” said the lady
And maybe, just maybe, I can figure out this TV remote control
I’m remotely controlled
With a temper overload
The lines are short and the days are long
I can barely remember last December
But I sure as hell can leave my mind behind
As I try to time my landing
Even God is handy
And my fingers are starting to prune
A bit too soon
And though I’d sacrifice a life to live
I’d give a lung just to become
Myself for a day
I’ve said too much to behave

No comments:

Post a Comment