Monday, October 1, 2012

Kangaroos


                “I drew an octopus cause it has eight legs and they all swim like this – whoosh!”  Billy shot out his arms and blew bubbles, his dungarees rose toward his belly button.
                “Ahh hahaha,” Joe grinned and giggled.  “I drew a penguin.”  He picked up his penguin and held it out with both hands.  Rosy cheek smile end to end.
                “You want a candy?”
                Joe’s eyes widened.  “Whacha got?”
                Billy reached in his pocket and palmed a piece of chocolate, unwrapped and really good-looking.
                “Whoa!  Where’d ya get that?”
                “My mom gave it to me before I got here cause my sister is sick and she wanted candy and my mom went to Super Fresh and got it and gave it to me.”
                Joe started giggling, then Billy started too.  “Toss it to me,” Joe said, taking a couple steps back.
                Billy tossed it - his arc a little too high, the chocolate hit the ground.  “Hurry up and grab it!”
                Joe scrambled to the ground and tried to grab the chocolate.  It slid from his fingers as he tried to scoop the sides.
                “Five second rule!”
                He tried again, but the chocolate slid away.  He grabbed it next try and stood up, outstretching his arm and staring at the chocolate.
                Billy shook his head.  “I think that was more than five seconds.”
                “It’s ten second rule!  I got ten seconds to grab it.”
                “Isn’t it five second rule?”
                “No, it’s ten second rule.”  Joe bended his arm in and looked at the chocolate up close.  “My sister dropped a pretzel on the ground and then she ate it cause she said it was ten seconds and that was fine because of the ten second rule.”
                “Oh, ok.” Billy giggled.  “You wanna draw a kangaroo with me?”
                “Yeah I love kangaroos.”
                “Kangaroos are my favorite animal.  So are frogs.”
               
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment