Sunday, September 23, 2012

Good Posture

I'm the most interesting person I know.  I don't mean that in a snobby way, exactly.  I just have clearer access to my thoughts than anyone else's.  My mind is manifest, all others are separated by various degrees of opacity.  I'm sure Eytan has a running mentalese narrative in his head throughout the day, but most of the time I don't know if he's solving the problem or beating up halos.  Occasionally he'll say something reflective, but my eyes aren't always in sync with the air waves exuding the meaning in question.  And later I'm leaving the most interesting person I know.  I have clearer access to my thoughts.  The mentalese narrative in my head, I don't know, most of the time.  Something reflecting, the most interesting person I know.  And later I'm leaving the most interesting person I know.  Mentalese, reflecting, leaving.  Interesting.

New Orleans, August

What would it be like to be colorblind and have synesthesia?

Tally marks are different in China.

I wish “tl;dr” was more-widely used – like, at the end of at textbook chapter.

A random binary number generator costs exactly one cent.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

New York City, July

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

Bertrand Russell


“Withdrawing in disgust is not the same thing as apathy.”
Slackers, Richard Linklater

Havre de Grace, June

Maybe the big corporations are anonymously donating large sums of money to charitable causes, but don’t want to receive credit because of their humility.

You don’t need money to make it out of the hood.  That is, if you don’t mind being homeless.

Most real numbers are transcendental.

In the U.S., 82% of Catholics think that birth control is morally acceptable.


No comments:

Post a Comment