Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Rebel without Applause; The Copenhagen Situation



If I was playing in the World Series of Poker, I would wear clothing with a bunch of advertisements on it, so that the other players think that I’m really good.

Create numbered plastic cups so everyone knows which is theirs, without having to bust out the Sharpie.

Free speech is expensive.

Why do baseball catchers bother wearing a baseball cap in the first place?  For the other players, it shields sun from their eyes.  The catcher wears his hat backwards, rendering it about as important as a broken wristwatch.

I saw a doctor spit recently.  It was a little uncomfortable.

Sometimes when I’m in an awkward situation (like passing someone in a long corridor where you can see them coming from far away), I start solving math equations in my head.  Figuring out the square root of 256 is easier than deciding how much- if any- eye contact to make with someone that I’m walking by.

Think of something else.

Are mailmen allowed to smoke in their trucks?  I’ve never seen it happen.

Kelsey Grammer, the actor who plays Frasier, was the original voice of the Geico gecko.

Make concert earplugs that blend into your ears (and aren’t fluorescent).  Wearing earplugs isn’t something that people generally want to flaunt.

There is no need to pay a fee to use an ATM.  You can go to a Wal-mart, buy a pack of gum, and get up to $100 cash back.


 “A horse is not a home.”

“My tolerance is pretty high now.  No pun intended.”

“Maybe you’ll find direction where it’s been waiting to meet you.”

“How would you feel… if you parked in a blind person’s spot?”

“Our past is pear-shaped.”

“Maybe for you paper should be more of a hobby.”




1 comment:

  1. Catchers generally don't wear baseball caps with their mask anymore, but should they still wear one it's probably because the mask is uncomfortable on their head and wearing a cap makes it a bit more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete