Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hallucinogeneration

“It’s rough but it’s fair”
If I bought Rosetta Stone for the retail price (a couple hundred dollars), I would be inclined to use it regularly.  However, I was able to get it for free and because of that, I don’t feel guilty for my inconsistent usage.  Contrarily, the sunken cost fallacy dictates that I should use Rosetta Stone at a set frequency, regardless of how much money I paid for it. 

In other words, if I had bought the software for its retail price, the money I spent on it would be a “sunk cost” and thus, I should base my usage frequency only on relevant factors (how much free time I have, e.g.).  The key question is whether or not to buy Rosetta Stone in the first place, and this should be based on how much use I will get out of it, regardless of the cost.  After I figure that out, I can then determine if the price of the software is worth it for me. 

For the record, I’m typing this idea out in order to avoid using Rosetta Stone right now.  But hey, at least I didn’t pay for it.



The pledge of allegiance was originally going to include the word “equality” but the composer, Edward Bellamy, thought that the superintendants of education wouldn’t like it because of the whole black-people-and-women-aren’t-equal thing.


Word of the Day:  indefatigable - (adj) tireless

I can’t imagine QVC having much success selling TVs.  How would the target market find out?

You don’t hear of too many Buddhist fundamentalists that give the rest of the Buddhists a bad name.
I would love to ask presidential nominees and other politicians the following question:  “Is it ever acceptable to break the law?”  If they say yes, I would claim that they should not be a politician in the U.S. government if they do not wholeheartedly believe in its core principles.  If they say no, I would bring up Rosa Parks.

Inflation has really affected the market for balloons. 


Your reaction to this blog is the underlying artistic meaning behind it.


I was gonna write an essay about nihilism but didn’t see the point.

TO DO:  Write a novel that breaks the 4th wall mid-plot.


Best Buy owns Napster.
You can’t be Christian and patriotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment