Monday, January 30, 2012

Lines Dissecting

Some things I’ve done so far:

·        listened to “The Zephyr Song” in a car with 3 Italians that barely spoke any English
·        arrived (very) late to my first class
·    got a free orange from a friendly fruit stand lady
·    said "I'll meet you at the Coliseum"

Some things I haven’t done so far:

·         slept for more than 6 hours in a night
·         paid to use public transportation – apparently this is the norm
·         washed my clothes (Italians don’t use dryers, this makes me nervous)
·         memorized my roommates names




“this new convection has left no wondering why

i can't concern myself with ordinary tripe.
like what's this morning's paper got to say
and which brand of coffee to make”


-James Mercer 

No comments:

Post a Comment