Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sonic Smoke Rings

“There seems to be no alternative to accepting some sort of incomprehensible quality to existence.  Take your pick.  We all fluctuate delicately between a subjective and objective view of the world, and this quandary is central to human nature.”

-Douglas Hofstadter

Open Your Mind

When I’m actively listening to music, I tend to start bobbing my head and dancing to myself; I let the song move me.  Unfortunately, the more I dance, the more difficult it becomes to focus on the music.  Enjoying music is a struggle between focus and dance.  Reminds me of life…

typeface is not a font.

One man’s brainwashing is another man’s education.

My Plan
  1. Find out the full name of a stranger
  2. Make a shirt with his name on it
  3. Sit down across from him in a public place
  4. Act nonchalant and avoid eye contact
Prices should be listed post-tax.  I don’t care how much money the store receives, I just care about how much I have to pay.


Is it legal to not have a name?

RFD:  The title of this post comes from a Pitchfork article.

As a kid, I was shocked to learn that the computer processor – not the monitor – was the brains of the machine.  I only had experience dealing with the big bright display screen, and had given little thought to the dull box tucked under the desk.  This is similar to learning that although the eyes take in light, it is mostly the brain that is responsible for interpreting it into meaningful images.

The heath bar is the most underrated candy bar.

No Fat Jokes

No comments:

Post a Comment