Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What Is Life?

Remember that little wrapper that you threw on the ground the other day? That polychromatic piece of plastic that was still in your hands after you finished eating the snack it encapsulated? You looked over your shoulder briefly to make sure that no one saw you litter it. Ringing any bells? It remembers you. And it’s very angry that you dropped it on the ground when there was a trash can 15 feet away. Why couldn’t you just throw it out? That piece of plastic is going to blow into a river and harm the environment. And the ecosystem. And also the biome. If you had just thrown it out, it would be chilling in a landfill somewhere in New Jersey by now. Thanks for caring.



Pathogenarian: An 80-year-old virus.

“Communism sounds good on paper but when you actually try to carry it out, it never works because people naturally just get greedy.” I’ve heard peers say this over and over again. And it pisses me off every single time. Is this true? Probably. Is this something that I learned in 7th grade after reading Animal Farm? Definitely. Enough, people.

I was blown away to learn as a kid that 2 x 3 is the same thing as 2 of 3.

Sometimes I check my blog to see if there is a new post. There never is.

FUN FACT: Humans can distinguish 10 million different colors.

Urinals should have floor pedals.

I wonder if I’ve forgotten more things than I’ve remembered.

When I put my name in Google, it says “Did you mean ‘air hockey’?”

I hate hearing people tell a story that they already told me. Usually even the inflections of the words and cadence of the sentences are identical. I also wonder how many people they told before I heard it.

The Roots have an album called “Tipping Point” named after the book by Malcom Gladwell.

It started as an epiphany and ended as a magazine subscription.

If you were on Death row, what would be your last meal?

Today I set a new personal record by sneezing 7 times in a row. It made me feel like Esau.

I get confused when black people refer to other black people as “light-skinned.” (I’m not sure if that’s racist but I don’t intend it to be).



"Sometimes I can't find my good habits."

"Gangsta gumbo, I'll serve them a pot of it."

2 comments:

  1. I wonder how many times I've told a story to you that I've already told you and you thought in your head, "Jesus Christ, here we go again." It has to be a lot.

    I'll make sure to do it more often from now on.

    ReplyDelete